Colin Atom Cruz
Born July 18th, 2011
3:05am
8 lbs, 3.5 oz
21 and 3/4 inches long
My due date was 7/17/11 and in true 'Erin Nature," Baby Cruz decided to make his arrival right as scheduled! I had mainly back labor starting over night and when I woke up and the 'back pain' was still occurring, we decided it really was labor! Karl and I walked for a couple hours in the morning and then started timing the contractions and determined they were steady. After a few hours of laboring at home we made our way to the hospital. As baby and I were doing fine, we were allowed to walk around and help speed labor up. Later I called uncle and we brought in "THE MAGICAL DR" who gave me a blissful epidural. Epidurals Rock by the way. My water broke soon after and helped speed things along so the epidural didn't slow anything down. A little after 2am I started pushing and an hour later our little miracle came into this world for us to truly meet for the first time!!
He was beautiful and perfect and healthy and there are no words to describe the feeling of getting to see and meet our son!
My first thoughts: "Omg! Karl he's got your nose!"
The Neonatal Dr had to check him out immediately after he was born (as we found meconium when my water broke) so nor Karl or I got a chance to hold him right away till the dr determined the meconium didn't have any negative effects (he was good!!) But the way the baby was looking up at Karl when he first held him was amazing! So alert! (see picture at bottom of this post!)
Karl said the lady who gave him a bath did an awesome job!
After a quick meal we were moved over to our 'mother-baby' room for the remainder of our stay. The nurses there were awesome!! The Birth Center at Shady Grove is amazing for those looking for a place to have their baby!
All pictures of me from now on will fall under the category of 'Exausted Happy." I knew I should be taking a nap since the baby was sleeping, but OMG he is so awesome to look at.
Would you nap when you could look at him????
View from my hospital bed of the two most important people in my life!!!!!!!
Of course Karl had to whip out the GlassJaw tshirt 'blankie.'
Headed home from the hospital!
First time with a paci as well, for like 5 minutes. All he needed to calm him down. He was good in the car too! Such a good baby!
Colin Atom Cruz









Woo hoo! Atom has arrived on the blog
ReplyDelete